Product DetailsThe Dig, By John Preston | Narrator: Simon Vance | 6 Hrs 49 Min
Reimagining the Sutton Hoo dig, the greatest Anglo-Saxon archaeological discovery on British soil, John Preston brilliantly dramatizes three months of intense activity on a small estate when locals fought outsiders, professionals thwarted amateurs, and love and rivalry flourished in equal measure.
In the long hot summer of 1939, Britain is preparing for war, but on a riverside farm in Suffolk there is excitement of another kind. Mrs. Pretty, a widowed farmer, has had her hunch proved correct that the strange mounds on her land hold buried treasure. As an archaeological dig proceeds against a background of mounting national anxiety, it becomes clear that this is no ordinary find, and the discovery leads to a host of jealousies and tensions.
Elegantly crafted with great tenderness and a poignant attention to detail, ""The Dig"" is more than a novel about archaeology. At its very core, this is a novel about the traces of life we all leave behind.
- Available on any iOS or Android device
- Adjustable listening speed
- Stream or download audiobooks for offline listening in the app
- Listen on smart speakers through Bluetooth
- Google Cast, Airplay, and Android Auto Compatible
- Dark mode available for night-time browsing and listening
- To gift an audiobook, see “Shipping & Returns” below
SpecificationsAuthor: John Preston Duration: 6:49:00 Format: Audio Genre: Fiction ISBN: 31244 Language: English Narrator: Simon Vance Publisher: Blackstone Audio
Shipping & ReturnsYou will receive the purchase confirmation, within minutes of purchase, via e-mail to the address you have entered. Additional processing time may be required.
Recipient's email address MUST be supplied in the email field on the Shipping Address page. To ensure delivery of your RJP Wholesale Audiobook emails to your inbox, please add no-reply@RJP Wholesale.com to your Email Address Book or Safe List.
How It Works
- Recipient's email address MUST be supplied in the email field of Shipping Address page.
- If purchasing audiobooks as a gift, supply the email address of the recipient in the email field of Shipping Address page.
- Recipient will receive a Welcome e-mail and Purchase Confirmation e-mail from RJP Wholesale Audiobooks, normally within the hour to the email address you have entered.
- Access purchased content by downloading the RJP Wholesale Audiobooks app to your Android or iOS device. Link to download the app and temporary login information will be provided in your Welcome email.
- Once logged into the app, recipient will be able to set up their own custom password for the app, and begin listening to the purchased audiobooks.
- If the RJP Wholesale Audiobooks app is already on your device, all purchases will appear in the app after purchase.
RJP Wholesale products can be returned to any of our more than 800 RJP wholesale affiliated warehouses worldwide.
We are committed to offering the best value to our members, with a risk-free 100% satisfaction guarantee on both your membership and merchandise. If you have questions about your membership or products you've purchased at RJP Wholesale, please visit the membership counter at your local RJP Wholesale or Contact Service.
For manufacturer warranty information, please contact.
RJP Concierge Services | Technical Support
Free technical support exclusive to RJP Wholesale members for select electronics and consumer goods.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Organic Foods - What You Need to Know _______________________________
Organic food is GMO-free. Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) or genetically engineered (GE) foods are plants whose DNA has been altered in ways that cannot occur in nature or in traditional crossbreeding, most commonly in order to be resistant to pesticides or produce an insecticide.
What Are The Benefits of Organic Food?_______________________________
How your food is grown or raised can have a major impact on your mental and emotional health as well as the environment. Organic foods often have more beneficial nutrients, such as antioxidants, than their conventionally-grown counterparts and people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods.