Product DetailsPROTECT™ helps protect hot tub equipment and parts from etching by increasing the calcium level of hot tub water. Maintain a proper calcium hardness (CH) level of 150 – 200 ppm which will prevent corrosion or calcium hardness.
- Calcium Hardness is a measure of the amount of calcium present in the hot tub water.
- Raises calcium hardness
- Protects hot tub equipment
- Prevents unwanted foam
- Prevents etching
- Test and Adjust Calcium Hardness to 150-200 ppm with Test Strips.
- Add 15 g of Protect per 1000 L of water to raise Calcium Hardness by 10 ppm
- Increase Calcium Hardness with Beachcomber Protect.
- Decrease Calcium Hardness with dilution or adding water of a lesser hardness.
- Areas with high Calcium Hardness may require water from the home’s water softening system or trucked in water with a low Calcium Hardness level.
- Water with a low Calcium Hardness level is corrosive and damaging to the equipment in a hot tub.
- Water with high Calcium Hardness level tends to form scale on the surface of the hot tub and on the heater element, and makes the water feel gritty to the touch. Hard water is often the cause of two problems. The first, and less costly is that scaling can occur which causes the hot tub’s surfaces to feel rough. The second and more costly problem is that hard water can significantly impair the heating ability of the hot tub heater element. Calcium is such an excellent insulator that the scaling of Calcium onto a copper heater element can, over a short period reduce the efficiency by up to 50%. Think of a large seashell – made of solid Calcium, they perfectly insulate and protect these ocean-dwelling organisms at deep, cold levels.
- (Water Parameters: Ideal Range)
- Sanitizer: 3-5 PPM
- PH: 7.2 - 7.8
- Total alkalinity (TA): 100-120 PPM
- Calcium hardness (CH): 150-200 PPM
- Total dissolved solids (TDS): 1500 PPM over initial level
- Metals and minerals: 0
- 1 x container of Beachcomber Protect (1.7 KG) – Calcium Hardness Increaser
- Dimensions (L _ W _ H/D): 21 cm _ 15 cm _ 28 cm (8 in. _ 6 in. _ 11 in.)
- Weight: 2.27 kg (5 lb.)
- 1-800-663-6557 or 1-800-268-3966
SpecificationsBrand Beachcomber Model 70141
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Organic Foods - What You Need to Know _______________________________
Organic food is GMO-free. Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) or genetically engineered (GE) foods are plants whose DNA has been altered in ways that cannot occur in nature or in traditional crossbreeding, most commonly in order to be resistant to pesticides or produce an insecticide.
What Are The Benefits of Organic Food?_______________________________
How your food is grown or raised can have a major impact on your mental and emotional health as well as the environment. Organic foods often have more beneficial nutrients, such as antioxidants, than their conventionally-grown counterparts and people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods.